Date:      Tue, 22 Jan 2002 10:11:11 +1100
From:      Tony Landells <ahl@austclear.com.au>
To:        Doug Poland <doug@polands.org>
Cc:        Tony Landells <ahl@austclear.com.au>, tony <tony@tntpro.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: faulty vinum plex, need help please

doug@polands.org said:
> So when the subdisks are revived, then the plex will automatically
> come up, or must I start it?  Could you speculate as to why this
> happened?  I'd like to understand what went wrong and how to avoid/fix
> this in the future.

The plex will automatically come up when all of its subdisks are up.

This happened because it's supposed to happen.  This is in the vinum
documentation, placed very logically, several pages too late to help
someone who is trying to wing it from the documentation (hark to the
voice of experience!) ;-)  In particular, look at the "Gotchas" and
the "start" command.

Read the documentation all the way through, and try to understand the
examples, and it will all make much more sense.

Tony
--
Tony Landells					<ahl@austclear.com.au>
Senior Network Engineer				Ph:  +61 3 9677 9319