Date:      Sun, 26 Aug 2001 13:05:53 +0200
From:      Volker Stolz <stolz@hyperion.informatik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        petef@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        vs@foldr.org, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/29641: netscape-remote port broken

On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 07:36:37PM -0700, petef@FreeBSD.org wrote:
> Can you try a `make distclean' and then try again?  I think you downloaded
> corrupt files because they pass `make checksum' here, and there has never
> been a change to distinfo in the life of this port.

I tracked it down, the FTP servers serve different files to me:

Attempting to fetch from ftp://ftp3.de.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/netscape-remote/.
Receiving remote.c (19270 bytes): 100%
wget -O /tmp/f1 ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/distfiles/netscape-remote/remote.c
Length: 18,579 (unauthoritative)

They look virtually the same...strange, I'll investigate this some more
tomorrow. ftp2.de gives me the "correct" files, too.
--
Neues aus Genua? http://germany.indymedia.org/
Volker Stolz * stolz@i2.informatik.rwth-aachen.de * PGP + S/MIME