Date:      Tue, 17 Jun 1997 14:32:29 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de-noreply
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Need to rebuild libkvm,ps,w

> > Actually, isn't it really the memory image arguments to ps/w/et. al.
> > that cause the problem?  We could go to /proc tomorrow if /proc
> > were mandatory ...
>
> /proc _is_ mandatory.  ps(1) only displays half the information
> without it.

This was a "hidden" jab at the utility of the commands in a crash
situation (/proc for the crashed system is a procedural interface,
and therefore unavailable).  I should probably have ben more
forthright, but people seem to get upset when I call something crap.

8-)

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---