Date:      Tue, 30 May 2006 16:27:13 +0200
From:      David Landgren <david@landgren.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Apache not building its own modules (e.g. mod_alias)

David Landgren wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I wasn't exactly thinking things out, and just posted the following
> message to freebsd-ports, whereas it's probably better here. More
> eyeballs in any case. So sorry if you're seeing this for the second time.
>
> I'm having great difficulty tracking what's going wrong here. I'm trying
> to build Apache 2.0 with the following:
>
> cd /usr/ports/www/apache20
> make PREFIX=/home/apache20 \
> APR_UTIL_WITH_BERKELEY_DB=yes \
> APR_UTIL_WITH_LDAP=yes \
> WITH_MODULES="access alias auth auth_ldap headers info ldap mime proxy
> proxy_connect proxy_http rewrite status ssl" \
> WITH_STATIC_MODULES="access alias auth auth_ldap headers info ldap mime
> proxy proxy_connect proxy_http rewrite status ssl" \

arg, scratch all that. I got stung by not realising that /etc/make.conf
takes precedence over what appears on the command line. Which seems
backwards, but there you are.

David

--
Much of the propaganda that passes for news in our own society is given
to immobilising and pacifying people and diverting them from the idea