Date:      Wed, 16 Mar 2016 14:08:08 -0400
From:      Robin Guzniczak <robin.guzniczak@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   GSoc 2016 Introduction

Hi,
My name is Robin Guzniczak and I'm a student at McGill University in
Montreal,
Canada. I'm currently finishing up my first year in Maths and Computer
Science.

I would like to participate in this year's GSoC by contributing to
FreeBSD. I've been
using Debian for a long time and I recently switched to FreeBSD. I've
always wanted to
become an active member of a large open source project, and I feel like
GSoC is the
right place to start. I have about 5 years of experience using Python,
Lua, C and C++,
mostly for creating games and applications.

I am interested in the KDE front-end to the freebsd-update utility; I am
currently in the
process of writing my proposal. In the idea description on the wiki, it
says that
a GTK frontend was developed as part of GSoC 2007 and that design ideas
could be
shared, but the link given is broken. I didn't manage to find any link
to the project
elsewhere. Could anyone tell me where I can find it?

I am also looking for a possible mentor, since the project has no
available mentor.
I've already used Qt a lot before and I am fairly autonomous in my work.

Thanks.

Robin