Date:      Tue, 16 Feb 1999 16:39:57 +0000
From:      Mark Blackman <tmb@rcru.rl.ac.uk>
To:        Steve Neuharth <Steveneu@visi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: probs with linux_mesa.... ELF interpreter /compat/linux/lib/ld-linux.so.1 not found

There is increasing evidence (but not conclusive or authoritative) that
*something* happened to the linux emulation recently and it's choking
on some binaries with this same error.

 ELF interpreter /compat/linux/lib/ld-linux.so.1 not found

I've been discussing this with Andre Albsmeier with regard to the
Matlab license manager. And I've noticed that it's come up on
both the freebsd-emulation list and Dima Ruban pointed this out
on the cvs-all list.

In other words, you're not alone. I can't tell if it's afflicting
both stable and current or just current.

On Tue, Feb 16, 1999 at 02:14:03AM +0000, Steve Neuharth wrote:
> I'm trying to install the /emulators/linux_mesa port.
> I just ran make world so my system is -current and running an ELF kernel
> with linux_compat enabled. The installs of linux_lib, _devel and _glide
> that linux_mesa depends on were installed without a hitch.
>
> make install in /usr/ports/emulators/linux_mesa gives me.....
>
> root /usr/ports/emulators/linux_mesa: make install
> ===>  Extracting for linux_mesa-2.6
> >> Checksum OK for MesaLib-2.6.tar.gz.
> ===>   linux_mesa-2.6 depends on file:
> /compat/linux/usr/lib/libglide2x.so - found
> ===>   linux_mesa-2.6 depends on file: /compat/linux/usr/bin/gcc - found
>
> /bin/mkdir -p /usr/ports/emulators/linux_mesa/work/Mesa-2.6/src/../lib/
> ===>  Patching for linux_mesa-2.6
> ===>  Configuring for linux_mesa-2.6
> ===>  Building for linux_mesa-2.6
> ELF interpreter /compat/linux/lib/ld-linux.so.1 not found
> Abort trap
> *** Error code 134
>
> I know there must be an easy answer... Any help is appreciated. BTW if
> anyone knows another way to get GLQuake going... let me know.

Mark Blackman
Radar Group
Radio Communications Research Unit
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory