Date:      Sun, 4 Aug 1996 14:47:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Greg Lehey <grog>
To:        cshenton@it.hq.nasa.gov (Chris Shenton)
Cc:        questions
Subject:   Re: Source for Lehey's "Installing and Running FreeBSD" book?

> I went to four large bookstores in Washington DC yesterday and
> couldn't find it. :-( Naturally, I'd like to get it ASAP :-)

This particular book is not intended for the bookshops, though some
have ended up carrying it.  It's available only from Walnut Creek
CDROM.  Contact them at info@cdrom.com or 1-800-786-9907.

A new book, "The Complete FreeBSD", intended for bookshops has just
gone to the printers.  It includes the text of the first book, but it
also has a little more on installing additional disks, and includes a
*lot* more in the way of man pages (total page count is about 800),
and the 2.1.5 CDROM set.  Expect it to appear in about 6 to 8 weeks
and cost about $40 (sorry, I don't know the exact values).

> Which version of the OS is on the CD? 2.1R? 2.1.5R (I wish)?

"Installing and Running FreeBSD" doesn't include a CD-ROM.  The 2.1.5R
CD-ROM should be out Real Soon Now, as I have heard.

Greg