Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 1997 10:49:51 +0100
From:      regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk (Philippe Regnauld)
To:        brian@awfulhak.demon.co.uk (Brian Somers)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Screen flickering

Brian Somers (brian) ecrit/writes:

> Essentially, the syscons screen "flickers" probably every couple of
> seconds on average, and only with "vidcontrol -c destructive".  From
> what I can figure, the "while (!(inb(crtc_addr+6)&8)) ;" bit in
> syscons.c doesn't work as expected (although removing it makes
> things a *lot* worse)....

	Got the same thing, except it's when I move the mouse on
	the console. Config is:

	2.2-Beta
	Acer 950C P75 / 24 Mb, 800x600 DSTN -- Chips & Tech 65545

	The screen flickers when I move the mouse in console mode
	(Moused).

	Just for the record, this machine's PCCARD  only started working when
	I applied the patches for  PS/2 Keyboard !!

	And then, moused won't work with the PS/2 mouse - only with
	serial mice.

--
							-- Phil

-[ Philippe Regnauld   /   Systems Administrator   /    regnauld@prosa.dk ]-