Date:      Mon, 1 Jun 2009 22:50:03 GMT
From:      Lapo Luchini <lapo@lapo.it>
To:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/134743: devel/Monotone and pthreaded dependencies

The following reply was made to PR ports/134743; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Lapo Luchini <lapo@lapo.it>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Cc: Arseny Nasokin <eirnym@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 00:22:00 +0200

 > When I build boost or sqlite threaded, monotone will crash with core dump.

 I think the problem can only be against a threaded SQLite, as Boost is
 not linked against: only parts that are needed are headers-only and I
 guess that doesn't justify the need for -pthread (does it?).

 Monotone is single-threaded and up to 0.42 used to (include in the
 tarball and) statically link all the needed libraries in a un-threaded
 form. Then was made the (sensible, IMHO) choice to use system libraries
 and problems such as this can arise.

 I'd like to investigate the matter a little bit further before proposing
 a solution, but if anyone knows multi-thread issues better, feel free to
 suggest ;)