Date:      Mon, 13 Aug 2001 11:16:01 -0400
From:      "Rodney Dickerson" <rdickers@columbus.rr.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ipfw and natd question

Well I got ipfw to work, finally, and everything seems to be ok.  I am
running v4.3 on a P-133 with 128MB RAM, and I was surprised to see that it
runs at less than 1% utilization.  Pretty Cool!

Anyway, I am using roadrunner, and I have 2 machines on the private network.
Now I want to run an ftp server on one machine, and I am not sure how to
configure the ipfw rules for that.  I followed the ipfw how-to, sort of, and
had to modify it slightly to work with a cable modem instead of a modem
(ppp).

My question is this:  Do I use natd to redirect incoming connections on port
21 to my internal server (10.0.0.10), or do I use an ipfw command?  I think
that it will be ipfw, but I am not sure on which command to use (divert,
fwd, tee, or what) and the syntax.  Keep in mind that I have a dynamic
public ip (on interface rl0), so I need the rule to be dynamic.  Any help
would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Rod