Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 2006 07:31:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      AB <eincello@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   New install, rebuilding world

I'm new to FreeBSD, but I've been reading alot in the
Handbook about building custom kernels and rebuilding
world, and still can't seem to find what I'm looking
for.

I want to be able to recompile my whole system so that
it's optimized for my hardware, but I'd rather not
track -Stable and have to rebuild a whole slew of
stuff every few days.

Can someone give me some advice (or point me to some
documentation) on recompiling the -Release6.1 and then
doing light maintenance (bug fixes, security updates)
afterwards?

Thanks,
Adam