Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 2000 12:47:44 +0200
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
To:        Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@neomedia.it>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: OFF TOPIC converting html to pdf quickie

On Tue 2000-03-28 (00:29), Salvo Bartolotta wrote:
> Dear FreeBSDers,
>
> I would like to convert html files into pdf files.
>
> Shall I learn TeX/LateX and the like ? (o my !)
> Is there a quick painless way to perform the conversion ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Salvo
>
> P.S. I have begun to read TeX documentation, anyway, ... *sigh* *sigh*

Rather use Docbook with SGML/XML, and use jade and jadetex to
convert them.  In fact, I think with a little work, you can probably
generate .pdf from .html with jade, but I won't promise anything.

Take a look at the FreeBSD Documentation Project, and what we do with
Docbook.

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner