Date:      Wed, 22 Apr 2009 14:14:44 GMT
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/133918: textproc/refdb: adduser -R does not work with PostgreSQL, bib2ris/xm2ris tools missing on installation

>Number:         133918
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       textproc/refdb: adduser -R does not work with PostgreSQL, bib2ris/xm2ris tools missing on installation
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Installing refDB from ports (textproc/refdb, V0.9.9-1) in cunjunction with PostgreSQL leaves me with several problems I can't come along with. Although set up the environment as mentioned in the handbook, I'm incapable of adding users with the client 'redbc' using the '-R' flag with 'adduser' (says: read-only-user). Adding users with read/write permissions works fine.

Some will also miss tools like bib2ris, xml2ris. There are source files in port's working directory, but they never get built or installed. So setting up SRU and try importing BibTeX references by importing a bibtex file ends up in 'success', but references never get imported!

PostgreSQL server is postgresql-server-8.3.7 as taken from ports.