Date:      Thu, 29 Jan 2009 22:01:04 -0500
From:      Howard Goldstein <hg@queue.to>
To:        Lanny Baron <lbaron@freedomtc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-openoffice@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: openoffice3 crashing

Lanny Baron wrote:
> When I installed 7.1 and got it up to -stable, used rsnapshot to backup
> /usr /var and others to a 'day0' in case there was trouble.
>
> Well, with OpenOffice being so vital in our business, I thought it a
> good try to put everything back to 'day0' with /usr and /var. Downloaded
> the package from the goodday ftp site and pkg_add'ed it. Same thing with
> the crashing.
>
> If i create a new spreadsheet I can insert values or formulas without
> problem. Save the spreadsheet, no problem. Open the newly created
> spreadsheet and then click on any cell to edit it, and it crashes.

This operation and just about everything else (except for the notorious
unopkg bug) run well (this morning's cvsup of the ports tree with OO3m9,
editors/openoffice.org-3 port, on i386 7.1-STABLE world updated in the
last week, the great xorg move in the last few days etc.)  It could take
more time to figure out how to get a binary install working than it will
to build it from ports.  See
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/handbook/ports-using.html