Date:      Fri, 12 Dec 2003 09:44:52 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dino Vliet <dino_vliet@yahoo.com>
To:        Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@apropo.ro>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: help with rezise freebsd slice

Ok imagine that I wanted to do this symlink thing, can
you give me a clue as to HOW TO do it? If I wanted to
resize my root directory because it’s obviously too
big. How should I start and proceed?
And how should I “ symlink a part of /usr to the new
slice”?

And what do you mean with the last question? I do have
a symlink for tmp to /var/tmp? Ooh, is that the thing
that does point me to the /var/tmp directory when I
type cd temp?

And what is the most efficient thing to do if I plan
to reinstall 4.9 and reinstall all of the programs I
have been using now. I have put so much time in
configuring postgresql, Diablo , XFCE and R that I’m
afraid I forgot everything and it will cost me a lot
of time to get it right againL I don’t even know where
all the files are that I’ve edited to get everything
working as it is just now.

I’m thinking of using FreeBSD as the only operating
system on my laptop and want to know what the most
efficient way of installing would be, in order not to
have to do these kinds of things another time,

thanks