Date:      Sat, 19 Jul 2003 17:15:12 -0500
From:      Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Abiword2 (1.99.2) went crazy when I resize it..

On 19 Jul 2003 17:22:24 -0400, Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, 2003-07-19 at 16:49, Jeremy Messenger wrote:
>> It's strange, when I tried to resize it from left (start with mouse) to
>> right, then go back to left and the Abiword2 will go crazy.. The
>> Abiword2 will stop and keep resize (back and forward) by itself forever
>> without need me to touch it. I had to close it and it will get crashed,
>> so here's an attach of Abiword2 ran under gdb. Let me know if I should
>> report to Abiword2's bugzilla.
>>
>> Also, can anyone test on FreeBSD 4.x? Try to do the both easy and hard
>> resize by from left to right, then back to left..
>
> This happened to me the other night on my -STABLE machine.  I had to
> remove the ~/.AbiSuite directory to get it working again.  I haven't
> been able to reproduce the problem since.

Remove ~/.* of Gnome2 and apps were the first thing that I did when I empty
/usr/local/, /usr/X11R6/ and /var/db/pkg/..

I have figured out how to reproduce it.. You need to make sure the Abiword2
close when it's at maximize and it will save the session or so for later
when you run it again. When, I ran and the Abiword2 will open as maximize
then unmaximize and do the left to right and back to left.

1) Maximize and close it.
2) Run Abiword2 and it should be maximize by automatic.
3) Unmaximize it.
4) Play with the resize by from left to right, then back to left.
5) Abiword2 has gone crazy and uncontrol.
6) Close it with crash.

If I unmaximize and close it, then I can't reproduce this problem anymore.

Cheers,
Mezz

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.