Date:      Tue, 16 Jun 1998 10:21:14 +0000
From:      "Wayne G Boyd" <wayne@jcegroup.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Auto-Dial PPP

Has anyone seen this problem before ?

My FreeBSD box usually auto-dials our ISP on detection of any
traffic. But every now and then, instead of dialling it seems to
run into problems. This is what I get when I try to ping a remote
host on the internet :-

(Pinging local hosts on our LAN works fine)

# ping 194.105.166.1
PING 194.105.166.1 (194.105.166.1): 56 data bytes
ping: sendto: No buffer space available
ping: sendto: No buffer space available
ping: sendto: No buffer space available
ping: sendto: No buffer space available
^C
--- 194.105.166.1 ping statistics ---
12 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100% packet loss

BTW. No other traffic makes it dial out either. The only way I have
found to temporarily solve the problem is to reboot the computer.

Any ideas ?

Wayne.
--
Wayne G Boyd, Digital Systems Manager