Date:      Tue, 1 Mar 2005 00:15:23 GMT
From:      Scott Michel <scottm@aero.org>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   i386/78218: kue not detected on Sony PCG-F370 VAIO

>Number:         78218
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       kue not detected on Sony PCG-F370 VAIO
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Network connectivity using 5.3 on the Sony PCG-F370 platform completely inoperative because the docking station's Kawasaki ethernet adaptor is not detected (kue0 is not detected). USB hub detection works fine, uhci0 is detected. However, boot process stalls for ~1 minute and continues w/o detecting the kue0 device that is attached.

Can't download source w/o network connectivity. Otherwise, I'd give it a shot and propose a fix.

FWIW, DragonFly does detect the interface and 4.10 also detected the interface.
>How-To-Repeat:
Boot 5.3 install CD-ROM on this type of machine.