Date:      Wed, 9 Feb 2005 09:24:29 -0600
From:      Scot Hetzel <swhetzel@gmail.com>
To:        W.K.Offermans@tue.nl
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NetMos NM9805 1284 Printer port

:
> I have an additional LPT port:
>
> puc0@pci3:13:0: class=0x078000 card=0x00101000 chip=0x98059710 rev=0x01 hdr=0x00
>    vendor   = 'MosChip Semiconductors (Was: Netmos Technology)'
>    device   = 'Nm9805 PCI + 1284 Printer Port'
>    class    = simple comms
>
> I was able to get it work by adding the following to /usr/src/sys/dev/puc/pucdata.c
>
>         /* Added by Willy@Rompen.nl 06/05/2004 */
>         /* recommended by john@feith.com       */
>
>         /* NetMos 0S1P PCI : 0S, 1P */
>         {   "NetMos NM9805 1284 Printer port",
>                 {   0x9710, 0x9805, 0,      0       },
>                 {   0xffff, 0xffff, 0,      0       },
>                 {
>                         { PUC_PORT_TYPE_LPT, 0x10, 0x00, 0x00 },
>                 },
>         },
>
> and to enable the puc driver in the kernel of course.
>
> Is it possible to add the data to /usr/src/sys/dev/puc/pucdata.c permanently?

Just a FYI:

When you have an addition to the sources, you need to create a diff
between the original file and your modifications:

diff -u pucdata.c-orig pucdata.c > pucdata.diff

Then use send-pr to submit the update.  You may also send a message to
freebsd-current or freebsd-stable with the PR number.  This way your
patch won't get lost in the mailing lists.  Then after a week to a
month if no-one has commited your patch, post a follow message.

Scot