Date:      Wed, 22 Oct 1997 16:20:21 -0400
From:      "Libo Tan" <ltan@trebnet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   My serial port can't be detected

Dear FreeBSD,

I have problem to use my mouse under FreeBSD 2.2.2.  After a careful
check, I found that sio0 is not found during the boot procedure.

I run the VISUAL configuration file in boot procedure.  I have asked the
kernal to check the serial port.  THe I/O address, IRQ setting are
right.

I am using FreeBSD 2.2.2.  I install it on my second IDE HD.  On the
first IDE hd, I installed windows 95.  Under windows 95, the mouse works
very well.

The mouse is Microsoft IntelliMouse.  Thanks for any help!

Libo Tan
Toronto, Canada