Date:      Wed, 10 Sep 1997 04:29:15 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        wong@rogerswave.ca
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, kpneal@pobox.com, terry@lambert.olg, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Divert sockets..

> > Sex would dictate that it would be neater if it worked between threads.
>
> if you mean kernel thread and the threads have their own pids. :(

No.  You obviously haven't heard my lament on kernel threads giving
away quantum that belongs to the process when issuing blocking calls,
or the unfair competition for non-threaded processes when the number
of kernel threads is less than the number of user space threads.

Rather than repeat myself, see the -hackers and -current list archives
for "threads".

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---