Date:      Thu, 28 Jan 2010 18:09:24 +0100
From:      =?UTF-8?B?R3VzdGF1IFDDqXJleg==?= <gperez@entel.upc.edu>
To:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Playing media in a samba share with totem

  Hi,

  I'm trying to play some media in a samba share with totem. When
opening totem, with CTRL+O I can choose media in my local computer and
in the cd or usb drives I have plugged in.

   But if I have any samba share mounted throu nautilus, I can see them
in totem too when choosing a file. But the problem is, if the file I
choose is located in a samba share, totem is unable to open it (it does
like I didn't choose any file). No freeze of the application.

   I also tried going to $HOME/.gvfs/mount point/.../file.avi. The same
result.

  Rhymthbox and other gnome stuff don't present that behaviour. They
work through samba shares. VLC in the other hand, don't even see the
samba shares.

   Regards,

   Gus

--