Date:      Fri, 9 Aug 2002 10:17:25 -0600
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jean-fran=E7ois_Dalbosco?= <jdalbosc@enserg.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: need to write a specific SIM?

On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 10:09:12 +0200, Jean-françois Dalbosco wrote:
> Bonjour c'est encore moi...
>
> So following to the answer of Nate i was wondering:
>
> first if i needed to rewrite a personnal SIM for my device which is a
> Magnetic Bubble Memory though i have already been able to send
> succesfully generic command like 0x00 ( TUR ) READ_6 and one vendor
> unique command 0xF0 ( Test MBM ) with the passthrough driver to my
> device /dev/da2?

No, you don't need to write your own SIM.

If you can talk to the device via the passthrough driver, you're fine.

> secondly if it is not compulsory to rewrite a SIM which SIM does my
> device use at the present time knowing that it is attached to the
> passthrough driver?

dmesg will tell you, e.g.:

da2 at ahc0 bus 0 target 2 lun 0
da2: <SEAGATE ST318406LW 0108> Fixed Direct Access SCSI-3 device
da2: 160.000MB/s transfers (80.000MHz, offset 63, 16bit), Tagged Queueing Enabled
da2: 17501MB (35843670 512 byte sectors: 255H 63S/T 2231C)

So da2 is on ahc0.

camcontrol devlist -v will also show which controller each device is on.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@kdm.org