Date:      Wed, 29 Aug 2001 18:31:18 +0100 (BST)
From:      Jose Marques <noway@nohow.demon.co.uk>
To:        Rasputin <rara.rasputin@virgin.net>
Cc:        <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: portmapper flags?

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, Rasputin wrote:

> Am I missing something here?

From the portmap man page:

	Note: that when specifying ip addresses with -h, portmap will
	automatically add 127.0.0.1 to the list so you don't have to.

So I guess if you say "-h 127.0.0.1" then it adds "127.0.0.1" to the list,
therfore that address appears twice, hence the error?  If so I think this
is a bug as it prevents one from telling portmap to listen on lo0
interface only (useful if one uses wordperfect for Linux from the ports -
which needs portmap running otherwise it hangs on start-up).

Note: portmap pays attention to the contents of the "/etc/hosts.allow"
file so one could restrict access that way.

--
Jose Marques