Date:      Thu, 9 Nov 1995 07:12:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bill/Carolyn Pechter <pechter@shell.monmouth.com>
To:        piero@strider.ibenet.it
Cc:        FreeBSD-hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD-hackers)
Subject:   Re: Here's why you should post about MINIX

> Quoting from Jordan K. Hubbard (Thu Nov  9 03:10:51 1995):
> > Minix != FreeBSD just as Xenix != FreeBSD and you hardly see us giving
> > pointers to Xenix.  I will neither approve it nor go to any special
> > trouble to mention it in the FAQ..  Not to be heartless, I just don't
> > see the need or relevance.

Quoting from  Piero Serini

> Ok. I'm Joe User a f@#$ing newbie, I only have a f#$%ing 286 so I
> write to freebsd-questions and ask'em "Ho guys what kind of  UNIX
> *can* I run on my wonderful 286", and get no answer.
>
> When I buy a P100 I will go *for sure* to the linux mailing lists
> where people is so kind to give advise to me, poor owner of a 286.
>
> Sorry Jordan, this time you're wrong, IMHO.

Damn right.   Lets lose the not invented here syndrome and be kind
do other net citizens.  Put a couple of paragraphs in the FAQ
(and maybe on the web site...).

It costs very little to do others some good here.

Bill

(who still has a real working copy of Xenix-86 for the 8086/8088
environment and still has people trying to buy it from him.)