Date:      Tue, 19 Oct 1999 15:31:28 +0100
From:      Ian Diddams <didds@freenet.uk.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   NIS server selection

We will shortkly have the scenario of one NIS master and two or three
NIS slaves.

Due to various rasons we want to ensure the slaves are used by clients
in preference to the master server which we basically want to use to
merely update the slaves.

Is there any way I can stipulate clients to use various slaves rather
than the master?

In Solaris ypinit has a -c option to create such an ordered list of NIS
servers to use , but FreeBSD does not support this feature.

--
Didds