Date:      18 Dec 2000 03:25:00 +0100
From:      assar@FreeBSD.ORG
To:        Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@technokratis.com>
Cc:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>, Doug Barton <DougB@gorean.org>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Panic with fairly up to date -current, seems NFS related

Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@technokratis.com> writes:
> 	I'm more concerned with whether it's actually normal for the process
>   pointer to be NULL in the first place. Is this the case?

One example (which I don't know if that what's happening here) is when
following symbolic links.  namei() calls VOP_READLINK with proc == NULL.

>   And if so, why is nfs_msg() being called with this pointer being
>   passed in in the first place?

Because the code doesn't check?  I thought it was easier to have the
check in nfs_msg, but it's only called in two places so doing the
check there should also work.

/assar