Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 2000 06:57:06 -0600
From:      Drew Sanford <lauasanf@bellsouth.net>
To:        Jason <blaz@satx.rr.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sblive -- no hand holding..

Jason wrote:

> greetings,
>
> i don't expect anyone to hold my hand through this process,
> but can someone direct me to some documentation on setting
> up a sblive! in freebsd?  i got my freebsd handbook today, and
> was disappointed to not find any information about this.
>
> thanks in advance fellas

Reading /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/LINT might be a good place to start. I
don't know that I've actually seen any documentation on it. Basicly you
add device pcm to the kernel config, recompile, and make sure that when
you cat /dev/sndstat you get something like:

FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm) Nov  6 2000 14:29:19
Installed devices:
pcm0: <Creative EMU10K1> at io 0x6200 irq 16 (4p/3r channels duplex)

That should be it. Note however, that just because mine works, it seems
like that is no guaranty. It seems that alot of peoples cards don't
work.

--
Drew Sanford
lauasanf@bellsouth.net or drew@planetwe.com