Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 2002 21:00:19 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Sam <sam@wa4phy.net>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How much trouble

--ZGiS0Q5IWpPtfppv

On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 07:26:01PM -0500, Sam wrote:
> Kris,
>=20
>     The problem is, if I can't re-install the linux-base over the top of
> -stable from either sources OR the CD, then something is terribly wrong. =
> don't know what it is, and have not had anyone give me any ideas to that
> issue yet.  I strongly suspect something has gotten trashed somewhere in =
the
> fs, but have no clue where.  I'm almost ready to do a clean install and s=
tart
> over.

I'm confused.  You asked this question yesterday, and I told you what
to do to fix it:

----
On Wed, Mar 20, 2002 at 11:04:42PM -0500, Sam wrote:
> In an effort to get linux-jdk13 to build, it was suggested that
> I reinstall the linux_base.  I'm seeing the following output from a
> make.  AFIK, everything is up to date, and in sync.  Cvsup about a week
> ago.  Any hints, and

Remove the glibc rpm and re-download it.

> should I re-install with NO_CHECKSUM?

It's not advised, under normal circumstances.
----

You later replied that this fixed the problem for you.  Did you
actually try this, and if so, did it actually fix the problem?

Kris

--ZGiS0Q5IWpPtfppv

--ZGiS0Q5IWpPtfppv--