Date:      Wed, 5 Oct 2005 00:06:49 -0400
From:      Olivier Gautherot <olivier@gautherot.net>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org, Malachi de =?iso-8859-1?q?=C6lfweald?= <malachid@gmail.com>
Cc:        Tulio =?iso-8859-1?q?Guimar=E3es_da_Silva?= <tuliogs@pgt.mpt.gov.br>
Subject:   Re: panic: driver error: busdma dflt_lock called

Hi Malachi!

On Tuesday 04 October 2005 14:58, Malachi de =C6lfweald wrote:
> ok, changed the install options to do debugging
> when it gives the panic, switched to the vt2
>   bare with me if it has a character off, the camera's screenshot was a
> little blurry
> [...]
> *fstab: /etc/fstab:0: No such file or directory*
> /dev/ar0s1a: 5120.0MB (10485760 sectors) block size 16384, fragment size
> 2048
>  using 20 cyclinder groups of 103.72MB, 11750 blks, 23552 inodes
> super-block backups (for fsck -b#) at:
>=20
> and then it reboots
>  Mal

I'm taking this thread in the middle so, please, bear with me if this was a=
lready
suggested: did you run any hardware diags on your disk? Another problem
I had at some point was a bugged partition table (edited it with Linux, FBS=
D,
Win$ and BeOS - my advice on this: don't do it, just stick to one, always t=
he
same and the BSD one is a reliable one). I had to fully flush the disk to m=
ake
it usable again. Remnants (ghosts) of partition are a nightmare.

My cent worth
=2D-=20
Olivier Gautherot
olivier@gautherot.net