Date:      Fri, 9 Feb 1996 08:39:08 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        dave@kachina.jetcafe.org (Dave Hayes)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Exabyte EXB-2501

As Dave Hayes wrote:

> I take it that there is no support for this beast? I'm running
> 2.1 release on a Pent 100. Here's pertinent information about
> the drive:

> /kernel: st0(ahc0:2:0): ILLEGAL REQUEST asc:26,0 Invalid field in parameter list

It's not yet supported.  There's something that the EXB-2501 doesn't
really like in our tape driver, but i don't know yet _what_ it is.
I've got the Exabyte SCSI ref manual on behalf of another FreeBSD user
whose drive i wanna get humming.

I'll be away here for the weekend, so i can pursue this approximately
by end of next week again.  Should you find a solution yourself
meanwhile, please get back at me.

--
cheers, J"org