Date:      Tue, 19 May 1998 09:11:01 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@jonny.eng.br>
Cc:        luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it, ahasty@FreeBSD.ORG, cvs-committers@FreeBSD.ORG, cvs-all@FreeBSD.ORG, cvs-sys@FreeBSD.ORG, roger@cs.strath.ac.uk, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/pci brooktree848.c

Good point, and the snmp like nature of sysctl was the one that convince
me to use it. As for adding other video formats is not difficult in
fact it is trivial.

In our case, we are using sysctl for configuration typically this involves
a small number. Ideally the unit number should be decoupled from the variable
a la snmp however I fear that would be a bigger obstacle to overcome than
the one we are facing in the case of Bruce vs Multimedia, Inc. 8)

	Cheers,
	Amancio