Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 2000 14:11:28 -0600
From:      "ricardo komatsu" <pepekomatsu@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   helpme

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C068FC.69DB4940

when trying to activate my sound card , an AC'97 pci, I do about =
everything, for example: pciconf -a pci0:31:5: and it says : =
ioctl(PCIOCATTACHED): For Inappropiate ioctl device also I included in =
kernel the row device PCM and made all (compile, reinitiate, pass =
through / dev sh MAKEDEV snd0 but the card does not work. when executing =
to mixer, says that device not this to me formed. I do not have modprobe =
or insmod to make tests, and if bsd has some command similar to linux =
for it is not necessary itself to say that the card is recognized from =
the starting, reason why but is disturbed still. when executing dmesg =
what I obtain is this: chip1: < Intel 82801AA (ICH) AC'97 Audio =
Controller > port 0xdc00-0xdc3f, 0xd800-0xd8ff irq 9 AT device 31,5 on =
pci0 not that but to do, please, helpme.

my english is no good, i'm sorry.=20

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C068FC.69DB4940

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman">
<P>when trying to activate my sound card , an AC'97 pci, I do about =
everything,=20
for example: pciconf -a pci0:31:5: and it says : ioctl(PCIOCATTACHED): =
For=20
Inappropiate ioctl device also I included in kernel the row device PCM =
and made=20
all (compile, reinitiate, pass through / dev sh MAKEDEV snd0 but the =
card does=20
not work. when executing to mixer, says that device not this to me =
formed. I do=20
not have modprobe or insmod to make tests, and if bsd has some command =
similar=20
to linux for it is not necessary itself to say that the card is =
recognized from=20
the starting, reason why but is disturbed still. when executing dmesg =
what I=20
obtain is this: chip1: &lt; Intel 82801AA (ICH) AC'97 Audio Controller =
&gt; port=20
0xdc00-0xdc3f, 0xd800-0xd8ff irq 9 AT device 31,5 on pci0 not that but =
to do,=20
please, helpme.</P>
<P>my english is no good, i'm sorry. </P></FONT><FONT face=3D"Times New =
Roman"=20
size=3D2></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C068FC.69DB4940--