Date:      Mon, 01 Sep 2003 21:25:58 +0200
From:      Christian Brueffer <chris@unixpages.org>
To:        mheinen@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-www@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: www/53931: [patch] www/news/press.xml - add article

--l76fUT7nc3MelDdI

On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 04:08:15PM +0200, Martin Heinen wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 31, 2003 at 12:58:10AM +0200, Christian Brueffer wrote:
> > Synopsis: [patch] www/news/press.xml - add article
> >=20
> > Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-www->mheinen
> > Responsible-Changed-By: brueffer
> > Responsible-Changed-When: Sun Aug 31 00:55:47 CEST 2003
> > Responsible-Changed-Why:=20
> > This would fit better into the german press section.
> >=20
> > Martin, could you take a look at this?
> >=20
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3D53931
>=20
> Sure, will do.  I'm wondering if
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/translations.=
html#Q9.11.
> applies to the web pages as well.  If so,
> we could add it to the English press section.
>=20

I'm not sure.  I don't see the point in including it there, because most
people can't read it anyway.  I think it would make sense to maintain
localized changes in the translated webpages (e.g. linking to german
recources in support.html).

> I fear, it will take some time before we
> have a translated press section on the
> German web site :-(
>=20

I'll take a look at translating this years press section into german.
Many german people speak english, but not the other way round.  So
I think it would be ok include english news in the german press section.

- Christian

--=20
Christian Brueffer	chris@unixpages.org	brueffer@FreeBSD.org
GPG Key:	 http://people.freebsd.org/~brueffer/brueffer.key.asc
GPG Fingerprint: A5C8 2099 19FF AACA F41B  B29B 6C76 178C A0ED 982D

--l76fUT7nc3MelDdI

--l76fUT7nc3MelDdI--