Date:      Tue, 18 Feb 2003 08:14:33 +0100
From:      dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org (Dirk Meyer)
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, tillman@seekingfire.com (Tillman)
Subject:   Re: Apache-modssl and the OpenSSL port

Tillman schrieb:,

> This port wants the OpenSSL library from the FreeBSD
> base system. You can't build against it, while a newer
> Version is installed by a port.
> Please deinstall the port or undefine USE_OPENSSL_BASE.
> *** Error code 1

> Near as I can tell, it wants me to undefine a shell variable that
> doesn't exist :-)

It is implict set as you have now an libcrypto.so.3/libssl.so.3
in your base system.

> - update SSL support.
> defaults to openssl port (now 0.9.6.h)
> New options:
> use the lastest version (now 0.9.7)
>         USE_OPENSSL_BETA=yes
> use teh base version with
>         USE_OPENSSL_BASE=yes
>
> That sounds like it's /supposed/ to work with the openssl port.

yes, please force it now with the new optio in /etc/make.conf:
USE_OPENSSL_PORT=yes

> Something that might be related is that I updated my base system
> (4.7-STABLE) today, and noticed the note in /user/src/UPGRADING about
> the newer version of OpenSSL. As I'm using the port, I didn't think that
> would change much.

Well, it does, as the ld now sees the version bump in the shared libs.
So it is not defined wich openssl version is loaded.
This confict is detected and this gives the error.
You may need to recomplie openssl port to get the new version there too.

kind regards Dirk

- Dirk Meyer, Im Grund 4, 34317 Habichtswald, Germany
- [dirk.meyer@dinoex.sub.org],[dirk.meyer@guug.de],[dinoex@FreeBSD.org]