Date:      22 Oct 97 18:45:22 +0100
From:      leifn@swimsuit.roskildebc.dk (Leif Neland)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Freebsd on Remote Terminal?

At 22 Oct 97 08:39:44 ringlord@bbs.dcoisp.net wrote regarding Freebsd on Remote Terminal? in area "freebsd-questions"

 r> Hello everyone.
 r> I have recently installed freebsd 2.2.2, and now I would like to
 r> accomplish the following task.  I need to be able to login to
 r> freebsd from a remote terminal.

If you by "remote terminal" just mean a simple serial terminal:

Though I haven't actually tried it, if you unplug the pc-keyboard, and plug in the terminal in com1, and boot, the terminal becomes the console.

If you don't unplug the pc-keyboard, the terminal is just - a terminal.

But i think you still need some configuration in /etc/ttys. Or somewhere...

Leif Neland
leifn@image.dk

---