Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 1996 01:59:26 +0900 (JST)
From:      Michael Hancock <michaelh@cet.co.jp>
To:        Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: IP bugs in FreeBSD 2.1.5

On Thu, 17 Oct 1996, Narvi wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Oct 1996, David Greenman wrote:
>
> SMP, kernel multithreading, scheduling classes, ELF, etc. But as I come
> to think about it will SMP have to wait until 3.0 or will it be
> introduced in some 2.x series?  It seems 2.2 took such a long time. How
> long will it take until 3.0 comes out? As long? Less time? More time? I

SMP done right takes time, it's *far* more complicated.  I think 2.2 is
going to be a nice piece of work and there's a lot that can be done in
that line before SMP stabilizes.  I would expect 2.x to have a pretty long
life cycle.

Just my guess, as anyone else's answer would be.

Regards,

Mike Hancock