Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 2000 15:56:32 +0300
From:      Igor Roboul <igor@raduga.dyndns.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: help

On Sun, Feb 23, 1997 at 02:16:08AM +0800, ½½¡ wrote:
> I got your FreeBSD 4.1 several months ago, and now, I wanna my X11
> runs at 800x600 mode. How can I make the kernel adopt my RIVA TNT.
> It seems the kernel is confused.
The FreeBSD OS core knows nothing about your Riva TNT. It looks as
ordinal VGA for BSD kernel. But XFree86 (windowing system used on most
Unices) knows :-) So, I recommend you read XFree manuals (man X , man
XServer , man XF86Config ) also you can check http://www.xfree86.org
for hardware tips.

--
Igor Roboul, Unix System Administrator & Programmer @ sanatorium "Raduga",