Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 2003 20:10:11 +1000
From:      s4021760@student.uq.edu.au
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem with /etc/hosts on =?iso-8859-1?q?_FreeBSD_5=2E1=85=2E=3F=3F=3F?=

Hi,
  I just loaded freeBSD 5.1 and ran into some trouble....I have edited
the /etc/hosts file to show the required name....but when I boot up the system
hangs and gives the message "...My unspecified name is BLAA......Sleeping for
retry" It comes out of this loop if I hit ^C. I have shutoff the name server
thinking that it may be trying to assign a new IP to the system. Also ifconfig
is showing the required setting to be correct for the interface. What am I
doing wrong....I am using a 3COM n/w card. I would be grateful for any help.

Thanks
Abhay