Date:      Tue, 12 Apr 2011 16:51:33 +0100
From:      "Steven Hartland" <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
To:        "Sergi Seira" <s.seira@cdmon.com>, <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: background fsck high load on 8.1

The cpu requirements are usually quite low for fsck, what your
most likely seeing is disk contention due to the amount of IO.

Personally I would recommend to consider moving to 8.2 + ZFS as
our filing system as it removes fsck from the equation, as well
as giving lots of other benefits.

    Regards
    Steve