Date:      Wed, 10 Sep 1997 05:48:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kevin Eliuk <kevin_eliuk@sunshine.net>
To:        Jan Brosius <jan.brosius@club.innet.be>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FTP how?

On Tue, 9 Sep 1997, Jan Brosius wrote:

> Dear Sir,
>
> I'd like to download freebsd 2.2.x from the internet. However My
> ISP only gives me the IP-address of his nameserver. That is both
> my IP-address and the IP-addres of the gateway (of the ISP) have to be
> negotiated every time when I want to connect my standalone computer with my
> modem to the internet.
> Can you help?

Set up the dialog box for dynamiic IP addressing.

What has worked for me in the past is "0.0.0.0/0" for both
Gateway and IP addresses. If your ISP has assigned you
suggested addresses for either add the "/0" to them in the
dialog box.

--
=| Regards,             =| FreeBSD ==> http://www.FreeBSD.org
=| Kevin G. Eliuk       =| "Free at last, free at last, ...."