Date:      Wed, 04 Aug 1999 12:45:08 +0800
From:      "Philip J. May" <dukat@innocent.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Request: Addition to ports.

I have a need for the unix agent supplied by Seagate Software / Veritas
Software to be supported by FreeBSD.

Seagate Software used to make this product, it seems that now Veritas
Software are responsible. They have a tar file whihc can be downloaded from
the following url.

http://ftp.support.veritas.com/pub/support/Products/Backup_Exec_for_WindowsN
T/be__agnt.tar

The INSTALL script uses uname to detect whihc system you are attempting to
install the software on. It has Linux support and solaris x86. I have with
some modifications to the script managed to get the Linux version running.
It however gives me a tcp/ip networking error after starting the agent.be

I guess my request is that some brave soul include this in the ports
section of FreeBSD with the necessary patches to make it work.

Thank in advance.