Date:      Sat, 31 Mar 2001 22:55:22 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@info.iet.unipi.it>
To:        Jochen Kaiser <Jochen.Kaiser@rrze.uni-erlangen.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: unexpected peaks in dummynet;scheduling oddity?

Hi,
the packet scheduler is invoked by dummynet at every packet arrival
and then at multiple of 1/HZ intervals. If you use the default
kernel setting, HZ=100 so you have most times rounded to multiples
of 10ms. I have been running my kernels with HZ=1000 for the past
4-5 years so the resolution is much better -- 1ms, which is  appropriate
for links up to a few megabits/s

I think the above should explain the results you see.

	cheers
	luigi