Date:      Tue, 12 Feb 2013 10:20:23 -0600
From:      Kevin Day <toasty@dragondata.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Obscure platform testbed

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, so if you know of =
anyone who may be interested in this please forward to them. Right now =
my company (your.org) does the free amd64/i386 VMs for FreeBSD =
developers.

For an unrelated project, we're trying to build a testbed of many of the =
more obscure *nix boxes, both running their native OS and a modern OS. =
As an example, we've now got two SGI O2 R10K boxes, one running IRIX and =
one running NetBSD. We're planning on doing the same for Sparc64(Solaris =
and FreeBSD), VAX, ARM, etc. Where possible we'll have NFS mounted home =
directories and NIS to have shared logins across the "cluster".

First, would any of you find this useful? If this is really only useful =
for us, I won't bother trying to make this scale beyond our own need for =
this. If this is popular enough to warrant the extra time, it wouldn't =
be much more work to make this available to any developer who could use =
it.=20

Second, do any of you have older non-intel boxes that are just gathering =
dust, that are complete enough to install an OS and plug into ethernet? =
If it's otherwise heading to a dumpster one day, we'd happily pay for =
shipping to put it to good/public use.

-- Kevin