Date:      Fri, 22 Mar 2002 00:12:49 -0500
From:      Sam <sam@wa4phy.net>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        Sam <sam@wa4phy.net>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How much trouble

Kris,

    No, your suggestion did not work either.  What had happened, and I
have no idea how, other than I vaguely remember a good while back,
installing the glibc_2.2 for some reason.  The dependency was still
there, and the linux_base would NOT under any shape, form or fashion
reinstall.  After renaming the whole linux_base directory, the install
from the ports worked like it was supposed to.  The earlier thing about
the lib not installing was due to my bleary eyed not seeing the
defective checksum until after I'd sent the post.

    In summary, it was my mistake in many areas -- one from upgrading
from 4.3-R to -stable, not having a "clean" system to start out with, a
number of restores from a tar archive that put crap everywhere it
shouldn't have been, and me getting aggrivated and probably doing dumb
stuff I know better than.  I tried what you suggested, failed, gave up
and forgot about it till this evening.  David helped me figure out what
the problem was.  I thank you for your input and assistance as well.

    Happy ending to all.. base is back in an correct, linux-jdk13 is
installed and works, and native jdk-13 is built and is working, which
let me fire up the GrADS-DODS server that I'd been trying to get to
work.  I am once again, a happy camper.

Sam

--
Just because you're moving fast         |       BURMA SHAVE
doesn't mean that you're really         |