Date:      Fri, 6 Oct 2000 11:18:45 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joseph Thomas <jpt@networkcs.com>
To:        alex@frustum.clara.co.uk (Aleksandar Simic')
Cc:        fuyuhik8@is.titech.ac.jp (Fuyuhiko Maruyama), freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Java CLASSPATH problem

> [and again]
>
> > In fact, you need not specify these.
> >
> > > [alex@~/study/internet_prog_3sfe217] javac HelloWorld.java
> > > [alex@~/study/internet_prog_3sfe217] java HelloWorld.class
> > All you need to run your HelloWorld is
> > java HelloWorld
> > The suffix '.class' is never needed.
>
> That solved the problem. Thank you. And thanks to the rest of you for
> pointing this out. Fuyuhiko just happen to be the first one to spot
> it.

	I think it's more an issue of you CAN'T specify the trailing
'.class'. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that
java will always append the .class so that when you say
	java HelloWorld.class
it looks for HelloWorld.class.class.

--
Joseph Thomas                           E/Mail:  jpt@networkcs.com
Network Computing Services, Inc.    	 	 jpt@magic.net

	An elephant is a mouse with an operating system.