Date:      Fri, 21 Jan 2005 23:10:03 GMT
From:      Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
To:        perl@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/65900: (non-maintainer) IGNORE p5-ExtUtils-MakeMaker for Perl >= 5.6

The following reply was made to PR ports/65900; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Cc: perl@freebsd.org, ahze@ahze.net
Subject: Re: ports/65900: (non-maintainer) IGNORE p5-ExtUtils-MakeMaker for
 Perl >= 5.6
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 18:02:30 -0500 (EST)

 I thought I needed this module for another port that I was working on at
 the time.  When I was told that it was already available in "all versions
 of Perl that FreeBSD cares about" I wondered whether I had been mistaken
 in adding it.  It's been updated a couple of times since but I still
 wonder.  Maybe the version in this port has enhancements beyond the
 versions included in the main Perl port or base system Perl that make it
 worthwhile?
 --
 Trevor Johnson