Date:      Thu, 21 Dec 2000 12:34:09 +0100
From:      "Root%flip@jhs.muc.de" <root@jhs.muc.de>
To:        Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
Cc:        Boris <koester@x-itec.de>, Murray Stokely <murray@osd.bsdi.com>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD vs Linux, Solaris, and NT

Dennis wrote:

> > > You've lost all credibility here. Well supported device drivers should no
> > > require source. I'd prefer a commercial (preferably the manufacters)
> > > support other than some guy in the ural mountains who fixes things IF he
> > > can get a card with a problem and IF he can duplicate the problem and IF
> > > hes a good enough coder to get it done.
> >
> > > "hacker mentality" is not mainstream. 98% of people dont have a clue what
> >
> >`Mainstream' is a target some seek to avoid.  Micro$oft exemplifies
> >mainstream.
>
> Your "mentality" has caused you to alienate yourselves from the rest of the
> world, which serves your ego but not the FreeBSD community. Acts such as::
>
> 1) refusing to fix the kernel Make to work properly with binary modules

Dennis,
Your headers are wrong, You wrote:
	To: "Julian Stacey Jhs@jhs.muc.de" <jhs@jhs.muc.de>
	Cc: Boris <koester@x-itec.de>, Murray Stokely <murray@osd.bsdi.com>,
		freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG

I Julian, the addressee, Did Not refuse  ... etc, or all the rest,
So please fix your headers, or use "You `Persons name`".

Re. a post of yours about a day before, to someone else, not me:
When criticising a person's ideas or actions, adding personal perjoratives
(IE calling names) can detract as well from critic, as from target.

Julian
-
Julian Stacey     Unix Consultant - Munich Germany     http://bim.bsn.com/~jhs/
        Considering Linux ?     Try FreeBSD with its 4200 packages !
 Ihr Rauchen => mein allergischer Kopfschmerz !  Kau/Schnupftabak probieren !