Date:      Mon, 4 Mar 1996 07:35:33 -0500
From:      Daniel.M.Obrien@att.com
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        ec0@ganet.net, ejc@naserver1.cb.att.com
Subject:   Re: Sig 11's on current

> From: Keith Mitchell <kmitch@cray-ymp.acm.stuorg.vt.edu>
> Date: Sat, 2 Mar 1996 16:29:29 -0500 (EST)
> Subject: Sig 11's on current
>
> I just compiled current (3/2) (just after some vm changes) and now I get
> a bunch of SIG 10 and 11's, especially when compiling.

Me too.  I get sig 10/11 when trying to make top, bonnie, et.al.  Top would
compile, but make would core if I tried make install.  Make blows up on Bonnie
during the ``extraction'' phase.  A kernel older than Saturday works fine.
I'll check the exact times and dates of the good kernel and the SUPS when I
get home tonight to see which change it is sensitive to.

BTW: I have only 8 megs of memory.  Seems to be load related.  If I su to root
it would fail consistently, but if I logged out and back in as root, it would
work.  That is how I got top to make and install.  Bonnie, consistently fails
either way.

Peace,

Dan O'Brien
Lucent Technologies (Bell Labs)