Date:      Mon, 31 Jan 2000 20:17:43 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@giovannelli.it>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Any advice on Asus M8x00 ?

In message <4.2.0.58.20000131080012.015941f0@194.184.65.4> Gianmarco Giovannelli writes:
: The modem is seen by Windog  as WinLt (Lucent Tech.). I think it is not
: supported now (and in the near future).

Yes.

: Ethernet board is the same I fear...

Most intel ethernet chips are supported.

: 2) I can try to use my pccards modem/ether but the slot is:
: RICOH R5C475II
: PCMCIA 2.1 compliant, supports one Type II slot
: 32-bit PC CardBus architecture and Zoomed VideoTM supported
:
: and I am scared that perhaps it is not supported, Any info ?

This should be good.  I have a very similar part in my machine.

Warner